Sunday, January 19, 2014

Temple Work!

My mom has really gotten into family history work. She's found a ton of names of people who's temple work still needs to be done. She's even gotten our whole family to participate. Just last night, for me, everything clicked.

Mom had given me a bunch of names of people whose temple work needed to be done. She's gotten the baptisms and confirmations done already. She's left it to Trevor and I to do everything else. It's been an amazing journey. Last night, I caught the spark of excitement that is involved in family history work. Mom has been giving us whole families. Mother, father, brothers and sisters.

Last night, on my dinner table, I sorted out all the different families. You can see the different families below. :) We have the Starling family, the Wood family, the Goodchild family, the Fillmore family, the Lambert sisters, and the Wilson family.

The Starling family is the biggest, with 10 KIDS! Holy cow! All of the sister's work has been done, Trevor has three out of the four brothers left to do. After that's done, we are going to go and get them all sealed to their parents! What a wonderful day that will be for the Starling family. I can imagine the happiness of Josiah and Mary as they receive each one of their 10 children, sealed to them for time and all eternity. They will be a sealed family forever! I don't know these brothers and sisters, but I love them dearly as I've done the work for the sisters. At times, I've been able to feel their sweet spirits, and I know they are there.





The children are in order by age. Look at that! 4 boys first, and then 6 girls! What a family!


We also have the Wilson family. These are again in order by age. 1 boy, then 2 girls, 1 boy, 2 girls, 1 boy. What a nice pattern! :) We also are going to seal one of the brothers to his wife! Again, what a wonderful day that will be fore this family. :)
The Lambert sisters are below. This is all that I have for them, and maybe there were only 2 sisters, but soon they will be sealed to their parents and be an eternal family! How wonderful. :) 

At the top, we have Asa Rufus Wilson, which is the oldest child of the Wilson family (See above picture) He had a daughter. We are going to seal Asa to his wife, then his daughter to him and his wife, and then his daughter, Elizabeth, to her husband! Isn't this amazing?! 
Now, we have the Fillmore family. It goes in order of boy, girl, boy, girl. If you look at the bottom two names. Mister Fillmore and Lily May Fillmore were TWINS! I'm wondering if the boy whose name we don't have, died in childbirth. That could explain why we don't have the name. If this is the case, then it goes to show, that even if a child dies prematurely, they are not lost!
We also have the Goodchild family. Jane will be sealed to her parents, as soon as her parents are sealed together. 
These are the remaining names that we have, which I could not put together in a family. Maud Fillmore, I am wondering is she is related to the other Fillmore family, but couldn't match her up, because her parents are different, and neither were in the previous family. The male names above are men whose work we are doing, but cannot do sealing, because we don't know their parents. (Or at least I don't know.) 

As you can see, this sparked a huge interest in me. We are putting families together on the other side! These are all people in my family line. In some way, (which I don't know, but Mom would) I'm related to them. It doesn't matter how we are related, all that matters is their work is being done, so they can be families forever, and through temple bindings and covenants, we are all sealed as a family. I've enjoyed going to the temple. I'm so grateful for my own temple sealing to Trevor. As I've felt the sweet spirit in the temple, it's strengthened my testimony of temple work, and love for my ancestors. Because of the temple, FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER! What an amazing blessing our Father in Heaven has given us. We are especially blessed to have one so close to us, within walking distance. I encourage all of you to go to the temple and feel of the spirit and help those on the other side, waiting eagerly for their work to be done for them. They are saving ordinances. It's an amazing experience to feel, so close to heaven, and so close to those family members who went before you. I love the temple. I love to see the temple. I love to go to the temple. :) I hope you do to.

-SamiMae




No comments:

Post a Comment