Sunday, December 28, 2014

Testimony of Tithing

I've always paid tithing. I'm grateful that my testimony on this law has always been solid. Even this past year, I haven't been working, and Trevor has only worked part time. We haven't brought in enough to completely pay rent without dipping into savings - but we still paid tithing. Somehow, our savings, though used all year, isn't completely gone. I don't know how we have as much as we do with as much as we've had to spend.

Also, this year, while I haven't been working, I had a miscarriage. This involved a day at the ER and a surgery. We feared about the bills. Visits to the ER are never cheap. Luckily, I'm still on my parent's insurance which is great. I consider even this a blessing of tithing. 

Well, about 2-3 weeks after, the bills started coming in. To my surprise, insurance paid most of it!  The trip the the ER was about $2,000 and the surgery was about $1,000. Yikes. that added up in a hurry. But, what a huge blessing we received. Insurance paid all but about $400! What a relief we felt. But that still left us with a bill we couldn't pay. We were pulling out of savings to pay rent each month. I felt guilty, because these doctors helped me and I wanted to pay my portion. I called the hospital whose ER I visited. They suggested I use their financial services. From the $200 for my ER visit, I ended up only having to pay $50!!! That was a God wink and a blessing of paying tithing! The surgery came out to about $150 that I have to pay for. But now, I have a job and in a few short weeks we'll be able to pay that off too. 

It's interesting to look at the big picture a little bit. The miscarriage was a trial and a spiritual experience for me. I know it happened for many reasons. But I also know that it was suppose to happen. I also know that God knows, and helped provide a way for us to rebound from the trial He gave us. In the end I'll end up paying about $200 for many important lessons learned. Even though it was an unpleasant experience, a lot of good has come from it. A lot of good is still coming from it 3 months later. I'm grateful for the experience and I'm grateful that God has been with us through it all and that he has provided a means and a way for us to overcome this trial, be better, and in due time, have children. 

God is great.

 - SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment